Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Memeage

Manic Monday

Describe yourself in one word:
Complicated

What is your favorite kitchen utensil and why?
The George Foreman Grill because as much as I love to cook, there are times when the act of cooking literally makes me sick. With the George Foreman I can still have meat with a nice crusty outside, grill marks, and depending on the thickness of the meat, it takes about 5 minutes to cook. Perfect!

What is the one thing that frightens you the most about growing old? Not being able to take care of myself. I don't want to live in an old folks home. But if what they said on that Women's Murder Club show is true, it might be the only way I'll get sexed up on a regular basis...

Mundane Monday

Do you have a favorite recipe you’ve been hiding from the world for years, but think it’s time to finally share with others? Or, maybe you have a few that you don’t mind sharing. Not really. When I cook, unless it's baking, I don't use a recipe. I just add stuff until it tastes good to me, LOL.

What are some of your favorite recipes (list as many as you like)? Why do you like them and why should others try them?
Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Sauce
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon House Seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, and salt mix)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 cup grated Cheddar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's)
2 slices white bread
Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients together, except the bread slices and Sauce. Shape into a loaf. Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan with the bread slices. Place meatloaf on top. Bake loaf for 45 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease and should be discarded after loaf is removed from oven.

Sauce:
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
Chopped onions, optional
1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped, optional

Heat the soup and milk over medium heat; add the cheese. Add the chopped onions and parsley to the sauce, if desired. Pour Sauce over the meatloaf or pass at the table.

We LOVE this recipe! And that show was the first time I'd ever heard about putting bread slices down to soak up the grease. It really works!


Monday Music Mambo

Make a musical sandwich. Pick a band, musician or instrument for each ingredient. *sigh* I think I'm too OCD to enjoy memes like this. I don't like not having rules or knowing exactly how it should be. But I'll do it anyway because it's Monday.

The band is Prince & The Revolution

Bread (holds everything together) Prince. There would be no Revolution without Prince.
Meat (the main attraction, the superstar) Um....Prince??
Vegetables (crunchy and cool) The drummer. He has a name but I don't feel like looking it up.
Condiments (makes everything smooth) The dude who played the keyboards.


Question of the Week

Do you have any talents, or an affinity for something, that nobody else in your family has? No one else in my family plays a musical instrument, knows HTML, has a blog, or can use Paintshop Pro.

Conversely, is there something that everyone else in your family does but you just don’t care one way or another...? I don't know that any of them all do anything other than breathe. No, I don't care.


Loaded Questions #35


Hypotheticals: If you could bring someone famous back from the grave, who would you choose? I don't know that I'd bring anyone back. It could be argued that some people died too young, but I don't agree with that. No matter how long or short your life is, you still have an impact. Part of the impact might be that they died 'too young'. Would John F. Kennedy have a special place in our minds if he had lived to get old & fat? Would there have been some scandal to tarnish his reputation? Where would Oliver Stone's career be without his assasination???

Anything Goes: Where do you not mind waiting?I don't think there is anywhere that I don't mind waiting. But I usually have a book to keep my mind off of how long I'm waiting.


No-Brainers: What do you hate sharing with people?
Media. Books, CDs & DVDS. Other people do not respect their own belongings the way that I respect mine. I get pissed the eff off if people fold down pages of books or touch the playable side of a CD or DVD and scratch it or get fingerprints on it. The only way to be sure that those things don't happen is to not loan them out in the first place.

I do not like sharing food from the same dish. I will share my popcorn with you, but get your own bowl. I don't know where your fingers have been.


Personals: Where is your birthmark?
I have lots of moles. All over my face & body. I have a couple of white spots behind my knees. White people white. I guess you could call it an extremely mild case of vitiligo.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh - freaky coincidence. Your comment came through on my blog, just as I clicked on to yours! Great Manic Monday answers - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the george foreman grill is awesome! We use it for hot wings when it is either too cold and windy and raining out to use the grill. Or hubby is too lazy to start up the grill lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great Manic Monday. I guess it's actually called a rice cooker. LOL. IDK if you can do white rice in it. we only make sticky rice(like Japanese rice)I know you can steam veggies in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I was the meme queen!

    Enjoyed your answers and I found a few memes here I might try. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennie, you will always be the Meme Queen, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the note you left on my MM about using "complicated"..wish I would've thought about that word. LOL! Thanks for stopping by! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog