Monday, October 22, 2007

Plastic Surgery

I have problems with it.

The main one being that I think it's unfair that ugly ass beeyotches can pay someone to try to look as good as other people do naturally.

Like me.

But anyway.

I think it's false/fake and totally teaches women/girls the wrong thing. The thing being: that appearance is more important than personality.

I'm all for raising your self esteem.

Read a fucking book.

Get a degree.

Do an awesome job at whatever you do.

If you clean toilets, clean them so that Adrian Monk can eat off of the seat. If you're a CEO or a doctor, what difference does it make how your nose is shaped?

Self esteem is defined as follows: a realistic respect for or favorable impression of oneself; self-respect.

I have self esteem because I know I'm intelligent. I know I can do a lot of things well. My opinion of myself has nothing to do with how I look.

That being said, I know I have a problem with empathy, or putting myself in another's shoes.

I can understand if you've been in a major car accident that changed your looks drastically and you just want to get back to something resembling "normal". What I don't understand is wanting to look like someone else.

I've been watching The Salt n Pepa show on VH1.

Pep looks like she's had a nose job.

This infuriates me!

I don't know how old she is, but she's got to be close to 40. She's been living with her God given nose for decades & now it's not good enough??? If she was going to get a nose job, why not do it 15 years ago? Why now?

She looks like fucking Michael Jackson.

What was wrong with the old nose, Sandy?


*Update* I finally found a "new nose" picture. See??? Was that really necessary?

I couldn't get good high resolution pictures for comparison, but if you watch the show & then compare how she looked last year (or whenever) on "Surreal Life", you'll notice.

WTF???

It irritates me more that this is a black woman getting plastic surgery. She had a perfectly fine black person nose. Now it's like she's trying to look like every other plastic bimbo with a nose job.

WHY?????

Why do women get volleyballs implanted into their chests? Why do people (male & female) get butt implants?

Why can't people just work with what they have? Be the best them that they can be?

I hear all the explanations excuses that they give. "My clothes fit better with bigger boobs." or "I had a deviated septum."

Bullshit.

I'm all for plastic surgery for accident victims or people born with a cleft palate or whatever, but this elective plastic surgery to change your functional nose to something that you, with your twisted & brainwashed mind, think would be more acceptable to the masses pisses me the fuck off.

*End Rant*

Salt looks great! She as cute as she ever was.



And aging gracefully, without plastic surgery, is Diahann Carroll.



Can you believe she's 72??? I hope I look half that good next year, let alone 40 years from now!

Yay for women who just take care of themselves & don't pay someone to mutilate them!

6 comments:

  1. http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200610/20061005/slide_20061005_350_104.jhtml\
    {Diahann says she's a big believer in plastic surgery. "I want the world to know," she says. "I would not be without it."}

    ReplyDelete
  2. well of course i'm on the other end of that spectrum. i'm all for it as long as its in moderation and not abused. i got "volleyballs" put in my chest BUT theyre not huge and no one would even know unless i told them. it was a major self esteem issue for me...i could have lived w/o them but it was something i wanted to do for many years and i do feel better about myself after doing it. some people are not as confident as you...

    but i do agree that some people DO take it to extremes and i'm not supportive of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - I saw that episode of Oprah. She said that if she felt she needed it, she would have it. But I don't think she's had anything other than botox yet.

    And if, at her age, she had a nose job or some shit I'd be all over it.

    Becky - You DO NOT have volleballs, LOL. I'm talking about those big stripper teats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured out how to get bigger boobs naturally. I got fat. Of course that opened up another can of worms. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree to some degree. I see nothing wrong w/ enhancing your beauty, but going to the extreme, and "fixing" everything that's wrong with you is overboard. Diahnne Carroll looks GREAT for 50, let alone for 72!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DC has had s.rgery. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog