Monday, July 23, 2007
Monday Memes - 7/23/07
QOTW - 2007/07/16
And the Question of the Week is…
Assuming that everything written in the Old and New Testaments actually happened exactly as described, what biblical event would you like to have witnessed?
None of them. They didn't have indoor plumbing back then.
What are your 5 favorite dishes?
I can come up with individual dishes! (I can't, however, come up with 5 meals. I don't eat meals, LOL.)
1. Hot Wings
2. Cereal (Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs, Honey Bunches of Oats w/Stawberries, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, etc.)
3. Rare Steak
4. Homemade French Fries
5. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
1. Are there any weird "food rules" you have? Feel free to list as many as you like.
I don't think so. Maybe after I read other people's list I'll remember what they are.
2. When you were growing up, what ONE thing did your parents always remind you of, when it came to meal time (or cooking)?
Another question for which I have no answer.
The rule was that you always had to eat at least a tablespoon of whatever food you didn't want to eat. I can't tell you how many TBSPs of peas I choked down while holding my breath.
3. Is there anyone you know whose food you won't eat (for one reason or another)? I don't mind eating my grandmother's food, it tastes good, but her dishes always have a greasy film. So if I eat anything she's made I can't help but think about how many dirty greasy dishes touched the food & it makes me want to hurl.
It doesn't help that she's Southern born & raised so she feels like she has to feed me/us whenever we go over there.
It's not her fault. She's old. She probably doesn't know that her dishes aren't "clean". Her kids should buy her a dishwasher...
4. Is there anything you "specialize" in cooking, that people actually ask for?
Not really. Whatever I cook & serve to people outside my immediate family is good. But no one request a specific dish. They just ask if I've made any soup/lasagne/whatever lately because for some things I have to make more than Evan & I can eat so I give others the extra so it won't go to waste.
5. When you were growing up, what one meal do you remember as being your favorite?
Every year I requested Roast Beef, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, & Rolls for my birthday dinner.
6. Today, what is your IDEAL meal?
Ideal? The ideal situation would be that everything gets done at the same time so it's all hot at the same time. Usually I forget something, like heating up the veggies or getting them out of the microwave.
The ideal meal would be roast beef cooked by my mother because it's an expensive cut of meat and I only eat it when she cooks it, LOL.
Why does everyone talk about Angelina Jolie's lips like they are something desirable? To me, they look like she needs some chap stick. E...
F ollowing are this week's High Fives in no particular order. BadGalsRadio for The Reality of the Entrecard Payout Formula - Explained ...
A s requested, here is more information about the first 2 Artemis Fowl Books. Artemis Fowl is, in the first book, a 12 year old criminal m...
J oan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? Tuesdays @ 9/8C on WE TV. Why? Because Joan Rivers is a fraking Nutbag but she cracks me the hell u...
S o Evan and I had gone to Mommy Dearest's house today to drop off the dog food that we got for Tiki. She asked me to take the fingerna...
L ast week, I borrowed Valkyrie from the Library. Have I mentioned that the last video rental place around here closed down this month? ...
T hat's the only explanation I have for what the everloving hell is going on with my feet. Yesterday, I was walking down the stairs, my...
one of the regulars posted a link to the friend test she had created about herself. I think I got a 36. So then I created one of my own. ...
H oly shit. I was about to get on here & rant about Jennifer Hudson's big head and her fucking commercial that plays on EVERY comme...
Y es, I know that hate is a strong word. What I feel about Oprah goes beyond the intense dislike that I feel for celebs like Britney Spear...