Friday, December 08, 2006

OMG!

So when I first got diagnosed with MS, I was on a medication called Rebif.

It made me feel like shit. I think I threw up every day. Seriously. The entire time I was on it (maybe 1 and a half years). So I stopped. Plus I kept getting relapses. (Kept going blind in one eye or the other, the medication is supposed to DECREASE that frequency.) Since I stopped taking it, I haven't gone blind.

Anyway, since I'm having so much trouble walking, I decided it was time to get on another medication.

I spoke to "my" nurse today. She told me that Rebif is made from a protein in Hamster Ovaries. I laughed incredulously. She kept saying "It's ok, it's ok." I wasn't freaked out, I was just amazed.

After that she talked to me like I was a simpleton.

Anyway, this new medication is made out of proteins from E Coli. No wonder people feel like shit when they take these medications. It's CRAZY.

I will be reporting on the side effects from this shit after I start it, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog