Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Evan's report on the 1st day of school.

First, my mother came over at 3.

So she could see Evan. I made her watch Hugh Laurie on Inside the Actor's Studio since she was there. :-)

Starting at 3:10 she jumped up every time she heard a car go by the street to see if it was the bus.

Me - You will hear the first bus go by, and then about 5 minutes later Evan's bus will squeak to a stop at about 3:25. You're like a nervous mother jumping up and down like that!

Anyway, he said most of the kids that were in his 4th grade class are in his homeroom.

He said "My homeroom teacher told us that there are going to be people we don't like here, but we should pretend we do. But then she has a poster up in her room that says 'Be Honest.' "

We laughed at the irony. Then I said "Well you don't have to pretend you like someone if you don't, just don't be rude or mean about it."

He said something else that cracked us up but then we went out to dinner and I've forgotten.

I couldn't cut my goddamned steak. I had to ask my mother to do it. My left side is so weak. So I'm sitting in the freaking restaurant trying not to cry about having my meat cut for me.

My mother was about to freak out (she's not used to seeing me cry). Evan said "Just give her a minute."

He's an awesome kid! And he shuts her up better than I can!

Then he made me laugh and everything was cool.

2 comments:

  1. So I take the kids to Lupu's Pizza for dinner because we rarely have dinner together anymore (I occasionally make it home in time for breakfast, but that's another bitch session). I told them that since Niko is going off to college and Kip & Allie are starting back to school, we are spending some geedee family time together. So Niko says to Allie, "Check out these guns!" (flexing his biceps). Allie replies, "I've got more muscle than you. Hell, I even weigh more than you - must be all my muscle." Niko, loudly, "Yeah, you weigh more than me, but it's all in YOUR ASS!" The parents of the 2-yr.-old at the next table look across at us in disgust. Apparently they were offended at my kids' language. I just smile and showed them the chewed pizza that was in my mouth. I love back-to-school time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog