Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Random Tuesday - Rantish

I

may have PMS? I don't know. I don't feel ticked off about everything, just one thing. (Which reminds me, I need to refill my Xanax prescription...)

randomtuesday

The impression that 1) I only visit Entrecard Blogs and 2) If I don't comment, I haven't been there.

First, if you don't have Entrecard, you don't know how often I stop by your blog, Max People.

I have several blogs in my sidebar and in my bookmarks that ARE NOT Entrecard users. I still stop by, sometimes I just have nothing to say.

Honestly, sometimes your chosen blog topics are not my cup of tea. I don't care about working out, or cooking gourmet meals, or homeschooling my child, or History. So I may speed-read through those type of posts to see if there's something that would interest me, but if it doesn't catch my eye, I move on for THAT DAY.

I don't even drop that much.

My Entrecard Drops

See? I'm not one of those users that is just trying to drop to get credits. I actually read the stuff that people write, unless it's history or economics or specific to your country.

Second, even if your article interested me, it doesn't mean that I'll comment. I read Cardiogirl's blog every day, but I don't comment every day. Sometimes I have nothing to say and I don't feel that it's good form to comment "Hi, I was here!" rather than giving an opinion or offering something substantive.

Now, if you want me to let you know that I've been to your blog every day, even if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I hate it for you.

When I find a blog/person that I like, I do not abandon them. I used to read Blanca Debree every day, even though I don't think I ever commented, she just amused me. I think she's changed her address, because the blog I found was not the same that I used to visit.

I am, at heart, a lurker. How do you think I find all the posts for my High Five Fridays if I'm not going through hundreds of blogs a week? I read that stuff, you know.

I think I must have PMS. Because my flipping feelings were hurt when I read MAX's response to my comment the other day when he asked where I had been.

My Steampunk RingDude, you gave me a ring. We're, like, cyber engaged or some shit. (Kidding, don't show up at my house or anything...)

I just can't read those posts about history or science without my eyes crossing.

Oh, yeah!

There are other places I go online. I don't just read blogs. So I'm participating in forums, tweeting, writing e-mails, designing stuff on Paintshop Pro for people with cute babies, etc. I have a virtual life! Not to mention that I have to watch TV and movies so that I'll have something about which to blog. I occasionally vacuum or wash dishes (though Evan would disagree with that). I have a real life too. Kind of.

/rant


17 comments:

  1. Woo! I feel ya! I use EC as a sort of RSS bookmark and check out blogs as I go. If I see something that I think warrants a comment, I'll leave one. Otherwise, I just get a laugh or scan a post and move on. If I got a comment on every person who viewed by blog I'd get about 25K comments a month and while that'd be awesome, I'd never be able to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - So you feel me, then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I like how you said that. I do have a virtual life. I need to start saying that. I love to read the blogs I come across too. I feel like if I just leave a "hi" comment every day that will seem could of stalkerish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm Hmmmmmmm. I'm new here, but I see that we are sharing a similar vibe today. My Tuesday post also finds me in the throes of PMS.

    I'm also with you on the commenting. Only comment when I have something to say and follow after a couple of good reads prove out that we have a "thing" (but not in a weird way).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blanca is there. It's on blogspot. I'm saying "it's" because I'm not sure it's a woman writing there, to be honest. Could be. I can't believe s/he/it had a Townhall blog. They didn't get the joke?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1stop - I know! I don't comment on MOST of the blogs I read because I have nothing to add.

    DG - I understand what you mean. You have to read a blog a few times. Because sometimes that first good post you read is the only good post, LOL.

    People - I wondered about that myself. (If Blanca is really female.) I assumed all of her blogs were tongue in cheek, but I'm sure there are people out there who really think like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i so love the way you write Angelika! you made my day again :) and i do love your High Five Fridays! you go girl!

    Bing (",)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through CardioGirl! She's a hoot and the comments are even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I subscribe to the 'low-stress' blog reading/commenting philosophy, myself. If I don't have anything to say, I don't say it. I tried reciprocating every comment I got initially, and I totally can't keep up.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has the entrecard box disappeared from your blog or am I being blind? (or bling as I just wrote!)

    I'm upto date on House now btw! Interesting story line but Taub was a bit dopey "oh I slipped!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this:

    "Dude, you gave me a ring. We're, like, cyber engaged or some shit."

    And I did not get the announcement card on the cyber engagement. The ring is really cute, by the way.

    And now I truly am dying to read Blanca Debree especially if she's a dude.

    Thanks for the shout, I have to agree that commenting can get out of hand. Sometimes I feel compelled to add just something as a virtual post it to say, "Hi! I stopped by!"

    But I also feel like I need to be in a relationship with someone who's pretty confident. I might not call every day. Sometimes I do wash my hair on Friday night, for real.

    And sometimes I'm just not that into you and I take a break. But it doesn't mean we're not friends.

    It just means I might have a little PMS myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PinkLady - Thank you! :-)

    Lin - Glad you stopped by.

    Keely - Sometimes I don't even have anything to say about the comments on MY blog, LOL.

    Angel - It's in the right sidebar. At the very top. Re Taub - That whole thing was GROSS!

    CG - I don't call my BFF very often. But she knows I love her and I know she loves me. When we do talk (as opposed to e-mail or text) it's like we talk every day anyway. Confident people are the best type of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG That's IT!! I have PMS. That is so what's wrong with me. I thought the world had just gone insane(r) and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm so glad you cleared it up for me...I hadn't even thought of PMS.

    I know what you mean about the comments. I suck at replying to the comments I get...what are you supposed to say to some of them? "Yep, got your comment. Thanks." Der!

    I do the same thing about actually reading blogs - that must be why I've never been able to drop 300/day. It takes me a couple of hours every day to drop the few cards I do - because I like reading the posts and looking at old posts and things. I guess I look at dropping as sort of commenting - you know I've been there, just didn't have anything to say. (No one who knows me would believe I'm ever quiet.) I love your blog, rarely miss a day, am thrilled to have made it to your esteemed High Five list, and just think you rock, in general. Sorry if I don't tell you that every time I drop by. lol

    And House and Cuddy? WTF?? But the whole last episode cracked me up...especially when Cuddy was at his place helping him detox - some of the comments they made to each other (and in general) had me rolling. Curing the nausea - Vicodin. Marijuana. A coma. Bahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's all so very true - although I have no clue what card drops are. In my real world I don't stop and just say "hi" to every person I pass at a party and then keep walking. That would be a little creepy. I'm selective with the conversations I jump into. So that's how I do it in my virtual world too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the same way with comments. I don't always have something to say and saying, "good post" or something seems lame to me. So I read and move on. And if I am not into the topic, I glaze over...economics, etc...not my thing.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I comment when I have something to say, and it's usually short and sweet. :) Like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Queen - I don't even want to talk about Huddy! I still want Stacy to come back, LOL.

    Kelly - Agreed

    Jello - :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog