Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thanks, CardioGirl!

B

ecause I was debating whether to do a Thursday 13 about "Why I love my period" (I couldn't think of any reasons) or "New shows I'm watching" when I visited her blog.

She thought she had a big head @ 23½ inches.

HA!

Mine's 24 inches.

First, I had to grab my fro (I recently took my braids out)

Then I pulled my hair as tight as I could & put a rubber band around it. Then I added a headband to make sure that the rubber band didn't explode (my hair is thick, y'all). Then I measured my head.



I measured it above the ponytail (24 inches) and below the ponytail (24½ inches) and because I refuse to believe that my head is that big, I decided to stick with the 24 inches. I pulled it as tight as I could.

Which is why I thanked my Secret Santa for the Chapeau this Christmas, but gave it to Evan.

Because my head is too big to comfortably wear hats.

It's cool when I have a headache, because cutting off the blood circulation to my head often makes my headache lessen. But not cool if I don't want a muffin top around my head...

I remeasured without the headband & realized that I was sticking my thumb under the tape measure. So my head is actually 23½ inches.

*sigh*

So my head isn't as big as I thought.

But it's still ginormous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Big head, big brain." That's what I always tell baby headed Evan & MD whenever they make fun of me for leaving the headphones extended all the way out.

:-)
----------------
Now playing: Prince & The New Power Generation - Jughead via FoxyTunes


7 comments:

  1. You are just too funny! I'm glad you came to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sisters of the big heads! I have a really hard time wearing hats. It must be the shape of my head, combined with my very thick hair that makes hat-wearing near impossible.

    I love that you documented the measuring. You kill me.

    Giant heads UNITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to have to go home and measure my head to join in this fun-ness. I read Cardiogirl's blog the other day.

    I think i have a big head I tried on headbands in one of the shops in town and it really squeezed my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These important and scientific experiments are vital in extending our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour ......... it's good to see confirmation of something I've thought for some time - tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I'm always saying I have a big head. Now I'm going to have to measure it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES (pumps fist in the air)! So it's settled, we're cosmic twins and Kathy is our third triplet.

    Woo-hoo, she said as her bobble head hit the trim on the door as she left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CG - I've actually run into walls with the side of me head & hit my head getting into the car.

    But I think it's more me not paying attention than the size of my head in those instances. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog