Saturday, December 01, 2007

I just cried

over "A Beautiful Mind".

I'd never seen it before.

It's about Nobel Prize winner John Nash. He suffered (maybe still does?) from Paranoid Schizophrenia.

The first thing that made me tear up was when he went into the cafeteria and everybody started giving him pens. If you've seen the movie, you know how significant that was. If you haven't seen the movie, it's on cable this weekend. Watch It!

Then when he gave his acceptance speech at the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and started speaking to his wife, I said to Evan - "Well, I'm just going to cry now because holding the tears back is making my throat hurt."

I figured it was best to warn him what I was fiddnuh do or he'd get upset/scared because I rarely cry. Especially not in front of him since he's so sensitive.

He teared up a little too. After it was over, he said "That's cool that they gave him the pens."

It's moments like that that make me realize what an awesome human being he is and maybe I'm not doing a shitty job raising him. :-)

I hate watching dramatic movies when I'm on the rag!


----------------
Listening to: Ruben Studdard - How can you mend a broken heart
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Listening to: Jessica Simpson - With You
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog