Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter, Free HBO, & Jury Duty

On Easter we were supposed to go to my mother's house for lunch.

I had the backdoor trots.

And the only Pepto I had had frozen or something so it separated. No matter how much I shook it, the solids stayed at the bottom of the bottle. I took some anyway. 3 times, LOL. It didn't work.

I called her and canceled. She came over later and brought some spiral ham, mac & cheese, sweet potato casserole and I don't know what else because I still haven't looked at the plate.

So...Easter was not a good day physically.

BUT I saw a lot of movies that I hadn't been willing to rent on the free HBO that we have until the 11th.

I saw Pride & Prejudice. I liked it. But Kiera Knightley & Judi Dench NEED makeup, LMAO. Really bad. Like Oprah bad... I never noticed how much like a man Kiera looks. Or how WIDE her jaw is. Poor girl.

I saw Madagascar. I liked that too. I might buy it for Evan.

I saw Monster in Law. We had already seen that, but I liked it so I taped it and watched it again.

I saw Walk the Line. Johnny Cash had a lot in common with Ray Charles. They both lost brothers when they were kids. They were both whores. They were both on drugs. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Juaquin was actually looking kind of sexy to me, LOL. EW. I don't know why. Because he's not attractive. But anyway, it was a good moviefilm.

I've taped Brokeback Mountain. Haven't watched it yet. I should watch it while Evan's at school. If I don't fall asleep.

So today was Jury Duty. I wrote a letter trying to get out of it. Never got a response. So I dragged my happy ass out of bed at 7am and got ready to go. I've never had jury duty before, so I don't know what kind of questions they ask during voir dire. But I was prepared to give the most outrageous answers to whatever they asked to get excused ASAP.

Got to the courthouse on time. Sat in the geedee courtroom reading a book.

Strange Woman - It's cold in here, innit?
Me - *acting deaf*
SW - It's cold in here, huh?
Me - I don't know
SW - Man I hate courtrooms! I hate coming here.
Me - Oh *raising my book to cover my face so she'd stop talking to me*

After 30 minutes, some guy comes in.

Some guy - How many people are here for Jury Duty?
Me - *raising my hand*
SG - *Looks around* Only 2?
Me - *thinking that all the other people in there were criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
SG - Well, it's been canceled. We sent out letters Wednesday, but I guess you didn't get them. But we thank you for coming, blah blah jury system blah blah without people like you willing to serve. I can take you down to where you need to go to get work excuses
Me - *standing up*
SG - Ma'am, do you feel like walking down there?
Me - I don't really have any choice, do I?
SG - Well I can get it and bring it to you
Me - Can you get my car up the elevator? Because that's where I'm going.
SG - Oh. *nervous laugh*

Fuckers.

I drove 60 miles (round trip) for nothing. Wasted my damned gas. Didn't get my post "Getting Evan off to school" nap.

Bastards.

My back hurts.

I am soooooooooo tired. Of course I didn't get to sleep until 5 am. In spite of the Tylenol PMs I took at 10 pm last night to TRY and get some sleep.

I drove to Wal-mart because I need some more blank CDs. Sat in the car for a minute, decided the CDs could wait and drove home.

Now I'm here.

Obviously.

I don't even want to get up to go to bed, LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Ah all your lies wasted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should never wish an illness on myself, but I kind of need a day like that to catch up on the episodes I missed of House!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog