Saturday, March 03, 2007

Free Fries

Yesterday, The Boy and I went to the McDonald's Drive thru. I had ordered 2 McChickens for him and a Big Mac for myself.

EVERYBODY was there (remind me never to go out on a Friday again, I had to drive around for 10 minutes before I found a handicapped space at Wal-Mart) so the line took forever.

I paid in quarters, LOL. All I had in the car was my laundry money. Anyway, when I pulled up to the window there was a cute college boy. I turned my music down. He said "You don't have to turn it down, I like music." (I didn't turn it back up). So I was sitting there waiting for the 3 cars in front of me to move and he said "I know this is 4.63 (or whatever the amount was) I'm just separating the coins, you don't have to wait."

I pointed to the line in front of me.

He said "You must have been doing laundry. I know all about quarters. I need them to do my laundry. IF I have them. I'm just a college student."

Me - I remember those days. Quarters and Ramen noodles, LOL.
He - Yeeeeeeeeeeeess (In that long, drawn out southern way) I know all about Ramen (pronounced RAYmen) noodles. But I have a roommate so I don't always have to eat Ramen noodles.
Evan - So is that what I have to look forward to in college? Ramen (pronounced RAHmen) noodles?
Me - Yes.

So the line moved up 3 inches and I followed.

Then I turned my music back up.

McD Guy - Oh, see I like that song!
Me - *turning music down* What?
He - I like that song! Justin Timberlake?
Me - Oh! Yeah. *smile while I turn the music back up*

I think he waited on me once before. I was playing Ray Charles at the time and he asked me who it was because he liked the song. I still remember that it was "Maryann" from the "Ray" soundtrack.

ENNYWAY, they were taking forever and a day at the second window.

Finally this very brash black lady opened the window and said "That was 2 McChickens, A big mac and a small fry, right?"

Me - I didn't order any fries, but you can put some in the bag if you want to.

She went away for a couple of minutes.

She - Do you want ketchup?
Me - No, thank you
She - I put some fries in there!
Me - *smiling* Thank you! Have a good day!

I love black people, LOL.

I could tell the sistah had HAD it with Mickey D's that day. She didn't give a shit, so she hooked me up. (For you white people, here's a secret about black people: We often 'hook each other up' at a drive through. Like giving more pieces of chicken than ordered at KFC, or giving a large shake when a small one was ordered. I don't know if white people do that...)

Anyway, I was happy about my free fries. I was going to stop at Sonic and get my fries because I like their fries bestest of all, but now I didn't have to! That made me happy too.

Then I got home.

They were the oldest, hardest, most salty fries EVER. I would have called McDonald's back and cussed them out had I paid for them. They were effed up.

But I didn't pay for them.

The lesson here: You get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog