Saturday, February 10, 2007

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I made a paperclip.

LOL!

I'm sure that sounds strange.

Anyway, I was making another scrapbook set and I didn't want to use other people's paperclips, I wanted to make my own. There are too many reasons to go into.

So I started looking for a Preset Shape that looked like a paperclip. Preset shapes are things that you can use to make a circle or whatever but you can put it in your colors or patterns right from the start.

There were none.

So I had to make my own.

So I did. I made a perfect paperclip. But I had saved it in the wrong format. :-( So I couldn't save it as a preset shape.

Then I had to read HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM PRESET SHAPES online. Found out that I had to use Vector shapes, not Raster shapes. I hate vector shapes, LOL.

But anyway, I first made the paperclip with 3000 vector lines. I saved it as a preset.

Then I loaded it and used it.

OMG! I hadn't realized that the preset shape tool would show every line I made. It was ugly, LOL. I mean, in the end it still looked like a paperclip (or as close as I could get...) but I was not satisfied with all the different vector layers.

Then I got the bright idea to make a paperclip out of letters.

Did you know a paperclip is basically U, J, and I? Well it is.

So I made the paperclip out of those shapes. I got it as smooth as I could.

The problem with vector layers is that you can't delete/erase just a part of it. If you try, it deletes the whole vector. That's why I hate vector layers.

Raster layers you can delete a pixel or 99% of the thing. It's more freedom.

But anyway, I got as close to a paperclip as I could. When I use it, I will turn it into a raster layer and smooth it out. But this is close enough for government work!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I didn't even realize I've been doing this shit for 3 hours, LOL.



I'm proud of my ugly paperclip!

I AM the shit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog