Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Freelance Cynic

Is one of my links now.

I like the blog. It's funny! And it's updated every day unlike some of the other people who join BlogExplosion and haven't updated their blog since May 2004. (Why join? WHY make me have to stare at your outdated page for 30 seconds? I can only block 50 sites, you know. Asses.)

When I was 12 I remember some 30 year old telling me I was too young to be so cynical.

I didn't understand if he was insulting me or just making an observation.

Cynic (n) - a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

Remember that episode of "Friends" when Phoebe and Ross were arguing about if there are ever any truly selfless acts? Because if the act of doing the selfless thing makes you feel good about yourself, it isn't truly selfless.

That topic of conversation could bring me to a rant about Oprah.

So we'll stop.

I already have a headache.

Anyway, reading the definitions of Cynic & Cynical didn't really sound like me. I always thought "sarcastic" was a good adjective to describe me.

But then I found this: "believing the worst of human nature and motives"

Have you seen the news lately?

Case closed.

I am a realist.

But cynics are funny.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled surfing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I wasn't expecting a whole write up!
    I'm overcome with blushing! See - See me blush!

    You are so added to my better blogs blog roll! So much so that I had to add the word 'so' to that last scentence in typical teenage girl 'uhhh huh' style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog