Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh yeah, the flooding

Feeling Normal

I

forgot to post these pictures earlier this week. They were taken 5 days ago. And yes it is still raining.



 


In the corner of MD's yard.
Flooded Yard

The gutter outside of MD's yard which fills every time it rains, but it's usually not that close to the top of the driveway.
Flooded Gutter

Internet High FiveHigh Five Friday posts:
Amy Oops - Restaurants you should avoid
Kewl stuff I found - Apparently...

I got a new stove last night!I watched "Eastwick" last night. It was good! It will be canceled soon I bet, LOL. It's based on "Witches of Eastwick" which starred Cher, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer & Jack Nicholson back in the day.

CSI:NYI don't remember what else I watched. I know I watched CSI: NY at some point.

Stella slept with Adam for reasons which are unknown to me. Danny is in a wheelchair from a shooting that occurred when they (The CSIs) were all at a bar remembering whichever one Det. Flack was sleeping with last season.

So much crap happens IRL from the season finale of a show one year to the season premiere later in the year that I forget what happened if I don't watch the repeats.

The only repeats I watch are House (because he's my Boyfriend in my mind) & Bones (in syndication because I didn't start watching it for a couple of years).

This is a schizophrenic post, LOL.

I don't care!

OH! I watched Heroes.

T-bag from Prison Break is on there now.

I don't know if I'm going to continue to watch it, though. I can't watch it on NBC in its regular night because it conflicts with other crap, so I have to watch it on G4 and those bastards have chat crap going on on the side & bottom of the screen.

Plus I really don't care what happens to them anymore.

What else didn't I watch? Grey's Anatomy. It was 2 hours, so it would have conflicted with other shows I wanted to record. I'm thinking about quitting them anyway. I don't even know why I started watching that show...

New StoveI think that's all.

I got a new stove last night! I've only been living here for 17 years with the same oven from 1953 (slight exaggeration). But now I can't figure out how to get the burners up to wrap them with foil. I don't want to break it when I just got it, LOL.

Seriously. I can't clean the stove top if I can't lift the burners. There is no info about how to lift them in the manual either...

That really is all.

I have to do the damned grocery shopping.

----------------
Now playing: Prince and the Revolution - Life can be so nice


12 comments:

  1. Who the hell is T Bag and should I bother trying to figure out how he got his name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelika, girllll you spose to make them demonstrate that before they walk out when it's delivered.

    you lift the top of the stove. yes the whole top lifts. the electronic burner eyes plug into the grid under the top. you put a drip pan in under the burner . you pull the burner heads out, they push right back in. try it, trust me, I have the same stove. I hate the bastard, but it works. mine has a lighted glass front oven, but it's the same ugly white stove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO hope you're watching (or watched) Jay Leno tonight (Fri) - the Sex Pot (aka Hugh Laurie) is Jay's guest. OMG Ang...the first word outta his mouth made me start fanning myself.

    If you missed it, check to see if you can find it on YouTube...totally worth it!

    And oh - do you need me to send you an ark? I'd be happy to, since we're both in the Evan's Mom club. ;) You guys are in my thoughts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW...as I sit here watching our boyfriend, I have to make a comment.

    It is such a WASTE for him to speak like an American on House. That accent makes him triply sexy!! My Lord, girl!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because I love you...(and have no life, apparently)...check here later. It isn't up yet.

    http://www.thejaylenoshow.com/episode-guide/index.php

    It should be up later tonight or tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lift the burner a bit and "gently but firmly" unplug it from its socket (the socked is on the end you can't lift up.)

    If it doesn't unplug with a reasonable amount of pulling on it, then stop!

    Assuming it is electric like the picture. Heh.

    Your flooding is awesome. You are watching too much TV. I will try to entertain you better so you won't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DG - He was a character on Prison Break. The real sleazy guy with the Southern Accent. I don't want to know how he got his nickname. But IRL, police officers (!?!) wanted to take their picture with him while holding onto his pocket (which means, in prison, that you are someone's bitch)

    Ausetkmt - My mother came by and figured it out how to remove the burners for me, LOL. Plus I didn't want those 2 meth heads with 26 teefuss between them in my house any longer than necessary. They didn't work for Lowe's, they just delivered it for the landlord. *shudder* I had to clean their dirty/greasy fingerprints off of my stove anyway. Icky fuckers.

    Queen - I recorded Jay Leno! I haven't watched it yet. :-)

    And NO it's not a waste, I don't like British Accents. Plus his voice is deeper when he speaks American. Have you noticed? I love his screwed up American accent, LOL.

    I won't need an ark for a while. I'm on the top of a hill. My mother's the one who needs it because she's at the bottom. :-(

    Max - I was pulling like I had pulled for my ancient oven. It wasn't coming. Then Mommy Dearest came over & figured it out. I have to push & then pull.

    Did that sound dirty?

    I know I watch too much TV and I DON'T CARE! But you should entertain me anyway.

    I wore your ring yesterday. Even had makeup on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so I saw the first episode of CSI before my laptop decided it didn't like running on battery lol (charger cable issues!)

    Anyway, Danny is in a chair because he was shot in the shoot out at the end of the season. I have no idea why Stella is with Adam At first it didn't look like Stella and they didn't really explain it in the storyline (unless thats coming later) Erm I can't remember if I had any other bits to say about it lol.

    House/english accent/american accent - having watched House with an american accent and then Blackadder and stuff with an english accent I don't really think it would work - but that is my opinion (I used to watch Fry and Laurie and stuff like that)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah - Yeah, they showed that Danny got shot in the shootout last season, I just don't remember that, LOL.

    House would not work as a British Doctor. (I have Fry & Laurie and Jeeves & Wooster on DVD). A British person would never make some of the bigoted comments that House makes. Probably because they don't have the same history that we do.

    I think a lot of Americans just like the British accent and aren't really thinking about how it would "work" in the show. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe okay. I saw the end of CSI yesterday so now I get at least part of the Adam/Stella twist. You could tell by Adam's face that he wasn't going to say forget it.

    I'ts funny watching House dubbed in other languages - now thats weird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hannah - Yeah, I saw that look from Adam. :-)

    I never thought about watching House in other languages. I wonder if some of the stuff he says (like the racial stuff to Foreman or whatever) translate in Brazil, nodamene? Not that I care enough to find out... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe I'm not sure - I think the extras on one fo the DVD's had clips as it was showing how many countries got it and how popular it was and stuff like that.

    I guess some jokes that work in English might not work once translated and stuff like that - are the medical names the same or do they have translations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog