Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My definition of Feminism


F

eminism is defined by MerriamWebster.com as:

1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests


My definition of feminism is: not letting the fact that I happen to be female stop me from doing what I want to do.

I know how to change a flat.
I know how to check my oil.
I know how to change my car battery.

I know these things because I don't want to have to rely on a man to do it for me. The stereotypes about women not knowing anything about cars pisses me off. I know what I need to know.

If I could get down on the ground and up easily, I would have learned how to change my oil & brake pads from my Ex who used to do it for me. I would love to know how to fix everything on my car because it's cheaper and I like feeling self sufficient.

I also know how to cook & do the laundry. I know this because my mother taught me and my brother how to do these things.

Being female is not an excuse for not knowing something. Nor is it an excuse for not doing something.

You can wear heels and have your nails painted and still be prepared to get dirty when you need to!

/sermon

GNO Button




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog