Monday, July 28, 2008

Bikini or Bust

Y

esterday, I was about to watch one of my recorded programs & I happened to see a bit of "Ashley Paige: Bikini or Bust" (FYI - I didn't see anything on that page until I switched from Firefox to IE on my browser.) I had heard of her in passing, but since fashion isn't one of my "things", I wasn't really interested in seeing the show before. I don't remember what the clip was, but it was interesting enough for me to watch the rest of the episode.

For those of you who don't know, Ashley Paige is THE bikini designer for A-list celebrities. She makes knit bikinis.

I had a perception that fashion designers with celebrity clients have lots of money. (Especially when one of her bathing suits can sell for $700.) But Ms. Paige is apparently not good with money, LOL. I ended up watching all 4 of the episodes that were on that day and in one of them, her landlord said that she would have to start paying her rent on time.

Ashley loves designing bikinis, but she says she does it so that she can rescue more dogs. She owns a non-profit dog rescue business. That, she says, is her real passion. In another episode, they didn't have any more dog food for the numerous rescue dogs that she has living in her house. She owed her vetrenarian over $5000, so she held a bikini dog wash to raise money to pay him. She had a pet psychic there.

The show is about Ashley Paige, not necessarily about fashion. Being a Bikini Designer is what she does, but it isn't who she is, nodamene? She's just so...bohemian (for lack of a better word). I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season and finding out if she ever learns how to manage her finances, find a BF for her mother (who lives with her) or herself, pays her rent on time, etc.

I don't know how old she is, but she is a fascinating work in progress, LOL.

Check it out on TLC Fridays at 10pm EST! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog