Thursday, February 21, 2008

We watched Part 3 of Roots last night.

Don't tell him I told you, but Evan cried when Fiddler died.

He said "That's the only friend Kunta had in America."

He's so sweet.

And it's nice to see that something can affect him emotionally.

Honestly, my emotions are anger, irritation, amused or apathetic. When I'm PMSing, there can be sadness. But most of the time...I'm not the most emotional person. I'm not cuddly. I tell Evan I love him all the time because I only remember hearing it ONCE from my father right after he got his cancer diagnosis. I'm sure MD said it, but I've never believed it. (Actions speak louder than words.)

He's always been super sensitive. When he was younger I worried that he'd get bullied because he was so sensitive. But he's grown out of that.

He's already trying to call himself a man. My response to that is always "Um, no. You're still a boy. And no matter how tall or old you get, you will always be my baby, Conehead!"

So anyway, I was proud of my boy last night, I guess. I don't want him to be a punk bitch, but I don't want him to be as emotionally unavailable as I am either.

I think we're doing all right. :-)


----------------
Listening to: Mozart - Rondo Alla Turca
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog